Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Oh let me at it! Delicious, tender, juicy chicken, packed with peppery goodness and a hint of sweetness. Sweet black pepper chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy proves what I’ve said time and time again. After all, nothing cooks chicken like the Big Easy. Add a little marinade like this sauce from Stubb’s and you’ve got tremendously flavorful chicken.
I’d say that nine times out of ten I use split chicken breasts when cooking chicken on the Big Easy. Because they don’t ever dry out, a problem you can run into with boneless chicken breasts. So, any time I see them on sale I pick up a few family packs and get to cooking, like this Sweet Black Pepper Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy. I love to have them on hand. Also, they make for an easy dinner salad: just chop up the roasted chicken and top some greens with it. Dinner. Done!
Also try my lemon pepper chicken.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Sweet Black Pepper Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 large chicken breasts bone-in split, or whatever cuts you prefer
- Stubb's Sweet Black Pepper Anytime Sauce
- Place the chicken into a resealable bag or container.
- Add marinade to taste. Toss to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches 165 F as checked in several places.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.