Oh my goodness I so loved these garlic-roasted potatoes. Tender, almost buttery, yellow potatoes with a hint of garlic and rosemary, drizzled with an incredible balsamic vinegar reduction. I almost added red pepper flake (and you could, really) but I opted for a slightly sweeter no-heat version instead. Red potatoes would work just as well.
You can make the reduction ahead of time. I recommend making extra and keeping it on hand. Then, any time you need a quick and easy side when grilling, just toss the potatoes on and in no time you’ll have a big helping of garlic-roasted potatoes.
- 1 pound baby potatoes red or yellow, all about the same size (you can cut the larger ones in half if needed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary about 6 sprigs, chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Fire up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Place the potatoes into a large microwavable bowl and microwave on high until just starting to soften, about 10 minutes, stopping to stir every once in a while. Remove the bowl carefully as it will be hot.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the garlic, salt and pepper and the rosemary. Pour over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Transfer potatoes to a grill basket (I put the basket over a plate or bowl to catch any dripping oil mixture), or thread them onto skewers.
- Place onto the grill and grill until lightly charred, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, turning occasionally
- Meanwhile, pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan over high heat and reduce until you are left with two tablespoons, stirring often.
- Pour remaining olive oil onto a serving platter and spread out evenly. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes.
- Drizzle with the reduce balsamic vinegar and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.