This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Oh I’ve made fru-fru mac-and-cheese before. Heck, I’ve made the stuff out of the box before. But ya know, this copycat KFC macaroni and cheese puts them all to shame. It’s crazy easy to make, like most stove-top versions. And it’s soooo creamy. And yummy. You can make an absolutely huge batch of this in no time and feed a crowd. Or you can keep it for yourself. It’s your call.
Ok, the recipe for copycat KFC macaroni and cheese does not call for a light dusting of paprika before serving. That was my idea. You don’t have to do it. Or you can use cayenne for a little kick. I’m quite sure the original version from Kentucky Fried Chicken had neither paprika or cayenne!
Also try my copycat KFC bean salad.
Copycat KFC Macaroni and Cheese
- Bring water to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add pasta, stir, and cook 10-12 minutes until tender, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted and smooth.
- When the macaroni is cooked, pour into a strainer and rinse with cold water. Drain well then return it to the pasta pot. Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the cheese sauce and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.