Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
What could be better than roasted potatoes packed with wonderful ranch flavor and covered in cheese? Yeah, nothing. These cheesy ranch potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy were done in no time flat. The Big Easy is a great side-making machine. And it doesn’t heat up the house, which is sure great these days because it’s HOT here in Indiana!
You can fit a single disposable pan (for 3/4 pounds of potatoes) in the basket that comes with your Big Easy. Get a bunk bed basket and you can do a full 1 1/2 pounds of cheesy Ranch potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy at once. You have to get a bunk bed for your Char-Broil Big Easy. It’s a must-have. It doubles the amount of cooking space you have. And more, it enables you to easily cook a side dish like these potatoes at the same time that you are cooking the main dish.
Cheesy Ranch Potatoes on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 ½ pounds small potatoes halved if desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Fire up your Big Easy. Meanwhile, prepare the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes on high. Stir and check for doneness. Microwave another 2 minutes (or longer if needed) until just tender. Do not over-cook, they need to have a little bite to them.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the oil.
- Sprinkle with the Ranch seasoning and salt and pepper. Stir to coat completely.
- Divide the potatoes between two disposable pans and transfer the pans to a Big Easy basket fitted with a Bunk Bed so you can cook both pans at the same time.
- Place the basket into the Big Easy and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes start to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Divide the cheese between the two pans and return to the Big Easy to melt, another 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pans from the Big Easy and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.