Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I can’t imagine an easier way to make fantastic-tasting, moist, tender chicken than on the Char-Broil Big Easy. It’s so crazy easy to do that it’s bordering on effortless. I picked up a jar of Famous Dave’s Country Roast Chicken seasoning at the grocery store, along with a whole chicken (on sale! Woo hoo!). A little oil and about 2 hours later, boom! My goodness was it good.
You would’ve thought I’d spent hours to produce such wonderful roasted chicken flavor. And would I admit to eating too much of that delicious crunchy skin? Maybe.
I used the new Big Easy Better Basket in my Big Easy. It collapses down, which is great for storage. It also is bigger than the standard Big Easy basket so you can cook a lot more at once.
I was cooking a 5 pound chicken. As you can tell, I had plenty of room for a much bigger chicken (or turkey!).
Famous Dave’s Country Roast Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Lightly rub entire chicken with oil.
- Sprinkle seasoning over entire chicken. Get the inside too.
- Transfer to the Big Easy basket and then to the cooker. Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound, or until the temperature reaches 165 F as measured in several places.
- Let rest at least 15 minutes before carving.
Nutritional values are approximate.