Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
If you usually think of using your Char-Broil Big Easy only when cooking a main dish, like a turkey or chicken, don’t forget that it’s also great for making delicious, easy, side dishes. Like these garlic potatoes in dill sauce. In no time you have the perfect potatoes. Tender inside. Lightly crunchy outside. All in a lip-smacking great dill sauce that I just could not get enough of. Dill and potatoes are the perfect match.
You can fit a single disposable pan (for 3/4 pounds of potatoes) in the basket that comes with your Big Easy. Get a bunk bed basket and you can do a full 1 1/2 pounds of potatoes at once. You have to get a bunk bed for your Char-Broil Big Easy to make great side dishes like these garlic potatoes in dill sauce.
Also try my cheesy Ranch potatoes, also made on a Big Easy.
Garlic Potatoes in Dill Sauce using the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 1/2 pounds small potatoes halved if desired
- 8 ounces chive and onion cheese spread
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- Fire up your Big Easy. Meanwhile, prepare the potatoes.
- Place the potatoes into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes on high. Stir and check for doneness. Microwave another 2 minutes (or longer if needed) until just tender. Do not over-cook, they need to have a little bite to them.
- Place the cream cheese, milk and peppers in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high 40-50 seconds or until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in the dill. Add to the potatoes and stir to coat completely.
- Divide the potatoes between two disposable pans and transfer the pans to a Big Easy basket fitted with a Bunk Bed so you can cook both pans at the same time.
- Place the basket into the Big Easy and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes start to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Carefully remove the pans from the Big Easy and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.