Who doesn’t keep a bag or two (or more) of frozen fries on hand at all times? Yep, easiest side dish in the world, ready in no time. But no reason for them to be boring. That’s where these quick fix herbed fries come in handy. Same fries, just amped up a bit with a few always-on-hand seasonings. Nothing fru-fru, nothing fancy. Just a nice different flavor.
I actually prefer to deep fry my frozen fries, when I can. They definitely crisp up better when fried. I can still make quick fix herbed fries. Instead of seasoning the fries before cooking, just toss them in the spice mixture right out of the deep fryer.
Also try my crispy Cajun fries.
Quick Fix Herbed Fries
- Fire up your oven for the temperature listed on the bag of fries. Place a large baking sheet into the oven while it's heating up.
- Transfer the fries to a large bowl and drizzle with the oil. Gently toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the fries with onion powder, garlic salt and black pepper. Gently toss to coat.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven (with oven mitts). Spread the fries out evenly onto the pan. Return to the oven and bake per package instructions.
- Remove fries and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with the parsley and salt and toss gently. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.