Now, sure you can roast beets in your oven. Or even on your grill. But if you have a Char-Broil Big Easy, you should use it instead. The Big Easy is one of the best and easiest outdoor cookers you can find. No mess. No fuss. Perfect for everything from chicken to pies to yes, beets. Just brush the beets with a little oil, vinegar and spices and into the cooker. An hour or so later, perfectly roasted beets on the Char-Broil Big Easy.
After the beets cooled I peeled them and sliced them for topping a great side salad. They were perfect!
Using beets that are roughly the same size will ensure that they all get done at the same time, a big plus.
Roasted Beets on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 3 beets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- You can peel your beets before or after cooking. It's easier to peel them first, but I think they stay moister if you peel them after they cook.
- Cut the root end off so that the beets stand straight up.
- Combine remaining ingredients and brush onto the beets.
- Place beets into the Big Easy basket and lower into the cooker.
- Roast for about 60 minutes or until beets are tender but not mushy.
- Let cool before peeling and slicing.