I recently picked up a Char-Broil Cooking Rack for my Big Easy. The rack lets me cook up to 6 small trays of food at once, sorta like my Wingin’ator 3000 modification. My knee-jerk reaction was “Oh yes! I gotta do some wings!” but I resisted and went simple so I can learn how the rack does in the cooker. How much simpler can you get than baking up a batch of chocolate chip cookies? In no time at all I was enjoying some ooey-gooey cookies hot off my Big Easy oil-less fryer.
This is the perfect dessert for an outdoor party after you’ve already cooked your wings, chicken, ribs, whatever great dish, in your Big Easy. I used refrigerated pre-made cookie dough, but your homemade cookie version will work just as well. I found that the cook time matched what the package stated for indoor cooking. Easy.
The cookies on the bottom trays cooked a bit quicker than those on the top. I was cooking on a cool (45 degrees F) day, with a light breeze, and that probably didn’t help. I did keep the wire mesh top on the cooker the entire time.
Also try my super loaded Twinkies also made on the Big Easy.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Chocolate Chip Cookies on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 package Pillsbury Ready-To-Bake cookies
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Wrap the racks in foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Add 4 cookie squares to each rack as shown in the picture.
- Cook for approximately 14 minutes. Start checking them after 10 minutes as the cook time will vary depending on weather conditions.
- Remove and let cool completely before removing from the racks.