This was my first time cooking lobster tails. Prior to this great moment in history I had no experience cutting the shells, cleaning them or even buying them. I wanted everything to be as easy to do as possible, so I opted to cook these little lovelies on my Char-Broil Big Easy. I could not have been happier with the results. Tender, buttery, garlicky lobster tails cooked absolutely spot-on perfect. And with just a slight kick of Cajun seasoning.
You could add whatever seasonings you want to the lobsters. I figured since this was my first experience with cooking lobster tails I would go simple. Cook time was about 20 minutes for the two tails I used. Make sure you select tails that are as close to the same size as possible so they cook in the same amount of time. If you use a bunk bed basket to cook on multiple levels at once, keep in mind that some levels may cook at a different rate than others. Always check the temperatures (you’re aiming for 140-145 F) in all tails before removing them to serve. You definitely do not want to overcook them or they will become tough and you will be sad.
Crab legs are also fantastic on the Big Easy.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Garlic Lobster Tails on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 4 ounce lobster tails (thawed, if frozen)
- 4 teaspoons garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lemon quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning such as Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Using kitchen shears, cut the lobster tails down the back to the tail. Do not cut the tail, you want the end of the lobster to stay intact.
- Gently pry the shells open just enough to get your fingers inside to separate the meat from the shell and remove any vein that may be present. Rinse with cold water and pat try.
- Divide garlic and butter between the tails.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice and sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Transfer tails to the Big Easy basket and Bunk Bed basket. Add lemon wedges.
- Lower into the Big Easy and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the lobsters reach 145 F. and the meat is opaque Do not over cook.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.
Nutritional values are approximate.