Sweet corn is in season and that makes me happy! One of the easiest ways to prepare it is to make corn-on-the-cob on the Char-Broil Big Easy. The corn comes out tender and sweet. Every kernel pops in your mouth as you bite into it. To make my corn extra special I wrapped it in bacon first! Oh yeah!
I cut my corn-on-the-cobs in half and then put them into the Char-Broil Big Easy, standing them on end. With the bunk bed basket I think I could easily fit 6 full ears on my Big Easy. You don’t want to crowd them, though, so they cook evenly and the bacon crisps up good. If you’re using bacon, that is. And really, why not?
Also try my corn cooked in packets on the Char-Broil Big Easy.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Corn-on-the-Cob from the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Corn on the cub husks removed, cut in half if desired
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper or your favorite seasoning I used my Fire-Eater seasoning
- 1 slice of bacon per cob half optional, plus some toothpicks
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Season the corn.
- If using bacon, wrap the slices around the cobs and secure with a toothpick. Add more seasoning if desired.
- Place the corn into the Big Easy basket. I found it easiest to stand them on end.
- Lower the basket into the cooker and cook 25-30 minutes or until the corn is done and starting to brown on the bottom and the bacon is done (if using).
- Remove and devour!