I had my smoker fired up the other day, making a nice batch of smoked pork chops. There was a little extra room on the top rack. Since I try to always use up every inch of space, I grabbed a jar of olives and a few other ingredients and in just a bit over an hour we were enjoying some garlicky, smoked olives.
Smoked olives have just a small kick to them thanks to the red pepper flakes. You don’t have to worry about them being too hot for you even if you aren’t as big a fan of spicy as we are.
For another great snack idea, try my smoked Chex Mix. Or skip the smoking and make some spicy roasted olives instead!
Since I try to always use up every inch of space, I grabbed a jar of olives and a few other ingredients and in just a bit over an hour we were enjoying some garlicky, smoked olives.
Servings 3 cups
- 3 cups whole green olives drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- dried red pepper flake to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fire up your smoker for smoking 225 – 275 F. Use a mellow wood such as apple.
- Place the olives in a shallow aluminum pan.
- Combine the garlic, pepper flake, and oil and pour over the olives.
- Smoke for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 2101mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 531IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.