Mmmm. Lovely sweet delicious roasted carrots. Made on the Char-Broil Big Easy in no time at all. Nothing fancy, nothing hard, just great flavor. You might think that your Big Easy is just for poultry or pork, but it’s great for making sides too. These carrots take no time at all, so you can toss them on your Big Easy while your turkey is resting.
I like to partially cook my carrots first before putting them on the Big Easy. Cooking raw carrots over high heat can make them dry out a bit. Cooking them just a bit first and then roasting them produces tender, juicy, flavorful carrots every single time. The same approach can be used with cauliflower and broccoli.Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Roasted Carrots on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 12 large carrots peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large skillet or shallow pot.
- Add carrots and boil until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer the carrots to the Big Easy (you'll need a Bunk Bed Basket or two to fit them all in at once, or you can roast them in batches).
- Roast the carrots until golden brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove carrots to a plate and drizzle with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with the chopped parsley.