Not long ago I made the Country Roast chicken that you can get at Famous Dave’s BBQ. I made my own marinade and seasoning and in no time I was enjoying a really great meal. Famous Dave’s now sells their chicken seasoning in stores, so I figured I’d give that a try. No marinade needed, no making my own rub. Just lightly oil the chicken, sprinkle with the seasoning. Country roast chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy is absolutely divine!
The flavor is so great. The skin so crispy. And the meat was oh-so tender and juicy. It does not get any easier or better tasting.
I almost always use split bone-in chicken breasts when I cook country roast chicken on my Char-Broil Big Easy. You can use any cuts you want, of course. I prefer the flavor of split chicken breasts. They’re most flavorful than boneless chicken breasts and I don’t have to worry about them drying out.
Country Roast Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 bone-in split chicken breasts or whatever cuts you prefer
- Vegetable oil
- Famous Dave's Country Roast Chicken Seasoning to taste
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Lightly brush the chicken with the oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken. Don't be too shy with it.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches 165 F as checked in several places.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving.