Ahhhhhh. Nothing beats roasting chicken on my Char-Broil Big Easy. From marinating, to cooking, to cleanup, it’s just about as simple a process as you can get. And you sure cannot beat the final results. Like this lemon roasted chicken that I made just the other day. I went the whole-bird route. I had my sights set on making some delicious chicken for chicken salad sandwiches. And boy did it ever satisfy!
I used fresh lemons for the marinade. Those are best, but I know, some times you just can’t find them. So reach for the bottled stuff if you have to. You’ll need about 12 tablespoons worth.
You can also make this lemon roasted chicken recipe on your Char-Broil Big Easy using split chicken breasts, legs, wings, or whatever you chicken pieces you have. A whole chicken is a little more challenging to marinate so feel free to use smaller pieces. I used a big, deep resealable container, but you can also use a super-big Zip-Loc baggie if you decide to go big.
Also try my Colombian-style roasted chicken.
Lemon Roasted Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4-6 pound whole chicken
- 6 lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken into a large resealable bag or container. Put the chicken legs in a large resealable bag, squeeze in the juice of the lemons and throw in the rinds as well. Add the olive oil, garlic and some salt and pepper, seal the bag and toss around. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.
- In a medium bowl, juice the lemons (save the rinds), olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken along with the reserved lemon rinds.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 1-6 hours, turning or shaking every hour.
- Fire up your Big Easy and get it up to temperature.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Shake off the excess and transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook until the chicken reaches at least 165 F as tested in several locations. Use 20 minutes/pound as your starting point.
- Remove the basked from the Big Easy. Let rest 10 minutes then remove the chicken and slice as desired.