Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
There’s no denying that the Char-Broil Big Easy makes mighty fine chicken. Mighty tasty, mighty moist and mighty pretty. This Colombian-style chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy sets the bar really high when it comes to poultry. Every bite is packed with a fantastic combination of spices and vegetables. I was reminded of the roasted chicken you could buy on the streets in South America.
Whenever I make a perfect chicken like this Colombian-style chicken on my Big Easy I laughingly ask myself: should I hire security to guard the patio? It’s just so good that I wouldn’t be surprised if some passerby jumped the fence to grab a taste! The aroma alone while the chicken is cooking is enough to drive you crazy!
I (obviously) used a whole chicken for this recipe, but pieces would work just as fine. Just don’t overlap them in the Big Easy or they won’t cook evenly.
Colombian-Style Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Place all but the chicken into a blender and process until it forms a paste.
- Rub the paste all over the chicken, inside and out.
- Place in a large resealable bag or container and let marinade overnight.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Remove any remaining paste from the outside of the chicken (it will burn in the Big Easy if you do not).
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket and lower into the cooker.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound, checking for 165 F in several places before removing.
Nutritional values are approximate.