Ahhhh, the perfect drink on a hot day. This cherry limeade hit the spot and then some. A little tart and a little sweet, you can make this regular or diet. The diet version isn’t completely carbohydrate-free. For that, you can omit the lime juice and cherries and instead use diet syrups, like the ones available from Torani. They make a wide range of diet fruit (and other) flavored syrups. We love them on sno-cones too!
I recommend not storing this cherry limeade with the lime slices if you have any leftovers. The next day it’ll get mighty darned ‘limey’. Just drop the slices in when you are ready to serve, and remove them if you need to refrigerate the remainder overnight.
- 2 liter Sprite diet is fine
- 1 cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 10 ounces maraschino cherries not drained
- 1 cup sugar artificial sweetener is fine
- lime slices for serving
- Place the soda, juice and cherries into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Combine all ingredients except for the lime slices in a large pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve ladled into tall glasses, making sure to get some of the cherries. Add a few lime slices.