Yes, I do have a machine that shaves ice. I mean, why wouldn’t I? Everyone loves sno-cones. I used to buy big bottles of sno-cone syrup at the store (due to occasional laziness) and finally asked myself how hard could it really be to make some at home? The answer? It’s not hard at all and the homemade sno-cone syrup flavors are so much more bold. I keep a few different ones on hand in squeeze bottles, ready to make delicious sno-cones at a moment’s notice.
Here’s the ice shaver that I use.. It’s small, fairly cheap, and has held up for years. Just add a few ice cubes and turn it on and it starts shooting out perfectly shaved ice in an instant.
Also try my cherry limeade.
- 2 cups sugar you can substitute Splenda or the equivalent
- 1 cup water
- 1 0.13 ounce Kool-Aid flavor packet your favorite
- Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and let boil for 1 minute, stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in the flavor packet.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for 1 hour before using.
Nutritional values are approximate.