I needed creamy Italian dressing for a recipe I was making. I searched all over my local grocery store and couldn’t find any. I ran across this simple yet tasty version that goes great on sandwiches or salads.
This dressing really needs to sit overnight in the fridge to “get happy”.
Creamy Italian Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 small onion rough chopped (see instructions)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the mayo, onion, and vinegar in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with remaining ingredients.
- Note: Onions obviously vary in size. Start with a little of the onion and taste as you go. You might use more or less than a half of the onion. You may also have to adjust the spices, to taste. It all depends on how strong and big the onion is that you are using.
- Place in a covered container.
- Let rest in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.