This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
I was perusing Plain Chicken, one of my favorite blogs to follow, when I came across Steph’s great recipe for grilled Italian chicken tenders. I thought to myself, “Self? What do you think about making sandwiches from this recipe?” So that’s what I did. And, boy, what great grilled Italian chicken sandwiches they were! The chicken has a great Italian flavor, complimented by the fresh toppings.
You won’t be disappointed with these grilled Italian chicken sandwiches. You don’t have to use chicken tenders. Any cut of boneless chicken will do. I’m a big fan of chicken thighs so next time I make these I’ll use thighs instead.
Also try my grilled Jamaican jerk chicken sandwiches.
Grilled Italian Chicken Sandwiches
For the chicken
For the sandwiches
- 4 buns
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 8 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices red onion
- 8 slices tomato
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients except for the chicken. Place into a large resealable baggie and add the chicken. Close and shake to cover. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Fire up your grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Shake off any excess marinade from the chicken and place over direct heat. Sear then flip and sear the other side. Remove to indirect heat and continue cooking until done (internal temperature of 165 F). Remove and let cool slightly.
- Toast buns if desired.
- Slather both sides of the buns with the dressing.
- Add chicken, lettuce, onion and tomato and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.