Yowsa. These taco burgers bring the Mexican-ish flavors big-time. The patty tastes a lot like taco meat. The tortilla chips taste like a taco shell. And the guacamole cools it all down… until you get slapped by a last hit of hot salsa. Really tasty.
The patties are very moist, which means you have to be very careful with them on the grill or they’ll fall apart. It really all depends on your salsa. If you use a thin, runny salsa, you might want to add a binder (such as crushed tortilla chips) to the meat before forming it into patties. Be kind to your taco burgers and they’ll reward you with great flavors.
Also try my ultimate Sriracha burgers.
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 egg beaten lightly
- 6 tablespoons salsa thicker is better, divided
- 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 slices extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- blue corn tortilla chips crushed
- Combine the beef, egg, 3 tablespoons salsa and taco seasoning in a large bowl.
- Form into 4 patties each approximately 4 ounces.
- Grill patties until done. Top with cheese. Remove from grill.
- Lightly toast the buns.
- Serve buns topped with burger, guacamole, remaining salsa and the crushed chips.
Nutritional values are approximate.