This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
These grilled gyro meatballs taste just like a traditional gyro. In fact, I ended up eating them in pitas with tzatziki sauce. But, you could also serve them over pasta with sauce. Or on a bun as a meatball sub. Why, it’s entirely possible I even ate a few of them by themselves. I had to do ‘quality control’ you know.
There’s only one way to really mix meatball meat and that’s with your hands. So dive in and get it done! Then toss the Grilled Gyro Meatballs onto the grill. Sure, you can fry them in a pan. Or you can toss them into the oven. But the grill adds so much flavor to the meatballs.
I cooked the meatballs on my Weber Performer Charcoal Grill.
Grilled Lamb Meatballs
- Place all ingredients into large bowl.
- Using your hands, mix the ingredients completely. This may take a few minutes. Make sure you have everything distributed evenly throughout.
- Shape mixture into 2 ounce balls and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Fire up your grill for direct and indirect cooking.
- Sear the meatballs on all sides then move to indirect heat and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 160 F.
- Cover meatballs with foil until ready to use.
Nutritional values are approximate.