Ok, my Mexican breakfast taco is about the most unauthentic Mexican breakfast dish ever made. But it’s actually quite tasty and it even looks pretty good. This is my take on a breakfast burrito. Chorizo and eggs are two of my favorite things. Specially if we’re talking spicy chorizo. Make sure you use Mexican chorizo. Spanish or Portuguese chorizo is a totally different thing.
You can use hard or soft taco shells. I prefer the hard ones since they give a nice crunchy contrast to the texture of the eggs and the toppings. You can do whatever you want with your Mexican breakfast taco!
Mexican Breakfast Taco
For the toppings
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 medium tomato seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado seeded, skinned and chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Heat taco shells per package instructions.
- Meanwhile, brown the chorizo. Remove from pan.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until set, 3-4 minutes. They should come out looking almost like an omelet. Roughly chop.
- To assemble the tacos, layer chorizo, cheese and eggs in bottom of taco shells. Add toppings as desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.