Our local grocery store has English muffins on sale 50% off on occasion. I can’t pass it up when they do since English muffins are great for a lot of things, from breakfast to lunch to dinner. I love them as hamburger buns, topping the burger with a great fried egg. And now, I love making English muffin French toast.
These English muffin French toasts take very little time to make and come out fantastic. They taste just like your usual French toast, but they have a bit more crunch and texture to them. I’d have no problem saying that I like them more than the usual French toast.
Although I garnished these with powdered sugar and maple syrup, you could also use chocolate syrup, or better, Nutella spread!
Also try my brioche French toast.
English Muffin French Toast
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla extra.
- Pour into a pie dish or 9″ x 9″ pan.
- Heat 1/4″ of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Test by dropping a small amount of the batter into the oil. If it bubbles, it’s ready.
- Place 3-4 of the muffin halves into the mixture. Let soak for 10-15 seconds.
- Flip and let soak another 10-15 seconds. Repeat, soaking on each side.
- Add muffin halves to the skillet and cook for 30-45 seconds until they start to brown.
- Flip and cook on other side until nice and golden brown.
- Pick up halves with tongs and shake gently to remove any excess oil. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook remaining muffin halves.
- Serve dusted with the powdered sugar and drizzled with warm syrup.
Nutritional values are approximate.