Wow. These boneless Buffalo wings aren’t just sorta good. They’re crazy good. It’s embarrassing how many I devoured, so let’s just say I had more than two. The key to these is double-dredging them and letting the mixture set for 20 minutes before frying. The coating is fantastic. It’s light, not heavy, with just a little heat kick from the cayenne.
I served these boneless Buffalo wings with a wing dipping sauce and your ‘usual’ Ranch dressing.
Boneless Buffalo Wings
Wow. These boneless Buffalo wings aren’t just sorta good. They’re crazy good. It’s embarrassing how many I devoured, so let’s just say I had more than two.
For the boneless wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or more
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 chicken breasts boneless, skinless , cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Oil for frying
For the Buffalo wing dipping sauce
- ¼ cup Buffalo wing sauce or hot sauce. I used Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Optional: Ranch or Blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder and paprika in a pie plate or shallow bowl.
- Whisk together the egg and milk in another pie plate or shallow bowl.
- Working in batches, dip the chicken into the egg mixture, coating well.
- Shake off excess egg mixture and then roll the chicken in the flour mixture, coating well.
- Shake off excess flour mixture and return the chicken to the egg mixture, coating well.
- Shake off excess egg mixture and return the chicken to the flour mixture, coating well.
- Shake off excess flour mixture and place chicken on a plate and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or Dutch oven to 375 F.
- Working in batches, fry chicken until golden brown and the chicken is done, 5-6 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in the wing sauce. Serve along with Ranch dressing for dipping.
Calories: 366kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 1867mg | Potassium: 778mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 449IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional values are approximate.