I love fried chicken, specially if it has been marinated in buttermilk. But, silly me, I’d never thought of adding chipotles in adobo to the marinade. These chipotle popcorn chicken bites are soooo good. They’re tender and tasty thanks to the buttermilk and they have a really nice kick to them thanks to the smoked jalapenos. Not too hot, but they definitely pack a little spiciness.
I served these little yummy chipotle popcorn chicken bites with your standard Ranch dressing for dipping. They’d also be great dunked my copycat Chick-fil-A sauce.
If I’m cooking for a crowd, I’ll break out my big deep fryer. But, if it’s just the two of us, I’ll fire up my Fry Daddy fryer. It’s the perfect size for both of us. It fries everything perfectly. And as an added bonus, it doesn’t use a lot of oil, which saves me money.
Also try my copycat of Popeye’s popcorn chicken bites!
Chipotle Popcorn Chicken Bites
- Place chicken into a bowl.
- Add buttermilk and chipotles and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or deep fryer to 350 F.
- Working in batches, shake off excess marinade and fry chicken 2-3 minutes until done and golden brown. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.