Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
My goodness. I’ve made bacon-wrapped tater tots before, but I had no idea how easy and great they’d be when made on the Char-Broil Big Easy. Crunchy bacon. Cheese. Brown sugar. Spicy rub. You don’t nibble these bacon-wrapped tater tots. You pop them in your mouth and close your eyes, bite down and start moaning in tasty pleasure. They’re just amazingly good.
I thought about serving these Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots on the Char-Broil Big Easy with some sort of dipping sauce. BBQ sauce. Or maybe mustard. Or Sriracha. But no, I wised up and served them hot off the cooker, as-is. They don’t need anything else on them at all. Make yourself a batch and you’ll see exactly what I mean. If you prefer a little kick, also try my bacon jalapeno tater tots.
You’ll need the Big Easy basket that comes with the Big Easy and the add-on bunk bed basket. It doubles the amount of cooking space in your Big Easy. For even more room, check out my Wingin’ator 3000 modification.
Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 20 tater tots frozen, defrosted (You can fit 20 or so on a Big Easy with the bunk bed basket)
- 7 slices bacon 1 piece for every 3 tater tots
- brown sugar
- extra sharp cheddar cheese finely shredded
- your favorite BBQ rub
- Fire up your Big Easy
- Cut the bacon into 3rds and lay out on a flat surface.
- Sprinkle the bacon with just a bit of brown sugar and cheese.
- Place the tots on the bacon and roll them up.
- Sprinkle the bacon-wrapped tots with the rub and place seam-side down in the Big Easy basket.
- Lower the basket into the Big Easy and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon has started to crisp (it’ll crisp up further as it cools). Note that the tots on top in the bunk bed will tend to cook sooner, so keep an eye on them.
- Serve and devour!
Nutritional values are approximate.