This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
This absolutely fantastic pasta-free dish reminds me of one we made years ago, but with pasta. It has all the great flavors, but uses zoodles (zucchini noodles) instead. I recently picked up a zoodler (spiralizer… spiral slicer… I’ve been making up names for it as I go), and just love how they are such a great low-carb substitute for pasta. Parmesan chicken zoodles combine some of my favorite tastes in one bite. First, cream. Gotta have cream. Second, chicken thighs. I love chicken thighs. I prefer them over chicken breasts. Sure, thighs aren’t as lean so if you want, you can substitute chopped chicken breast instead.
Next up? Sun-dried tomato. Sun-dried tomatoes were not something I was exposed to growing up, so they were a new flavor experience to me when I started cooking. I really like them. They have such a great texture and deep flavor, and the oil they are packed in is absolutely great for cooking (so don’t ever toss it out!).
If you know me or follow this blog at all, you know I gotta have some kick. Some heat. It doesn’t have to be much, but a little something to offset the sweetness of the cream is necessary in this dish. Use a little or a lot.
Finally, zoodles. Thinly sliced zucchini. Cooked so they have just a bit of crunch. Almost like pasta, and essentially carb-free. Perfect!
Looking for the perfect spiral dessert? Try my apple zoodles!
Parmesan Chicken Zoodles
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ½ pound chicken thighs boneless, skinless, cut into strips or chunks
- 1 7.5 ounce sun-dried tomatoes julienned
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Kosher salt to taste
- pinch dried basil
- pinch dried red pepper flake
- 2 large zucchini or 3 medium, made into zoodles or just sliced thin/julienned
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and add it to the pan. Stir to coat then cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of the oil they are jarred in along with the garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in the cream.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Season with salt and add dried basil and red pepper flake.
- Add the zucchini, stir, and cook for about 5 minutes or until al dente.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top if desired.
Nutritional values are approximate.