This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
We both really enjoyed this copycat Applebee’s Clubhouse Grille sandwich. I had plenty of smoked turkey on hand after smoking a few turkey breasts. The light smoke flavor of the very tender turkey, along with gooey cheese and the best part, a bit of smoky BBQ sauce, really made for a great sandwich. It’s like a grownup take on a grilled cheese.
Any ‘plain’ sandwich can have that little extra something just by adding a bit of BBQ sauce to it. Like this Copycat Applebee’s Clubhouse Grille. Not a lot, you’re not making a pulled pork sandwich. But just enough so you know it is there. You’ll remember it more than just a sandwich just say, mayonnaise.
I like to cook sandwiches like this one on my Cuisinart Griddler. It gives me the perfectly crispy bread and melted cheese!
Also try my copycat of Applebee’s classic patty melt.
Copycat Applebee’s Clubhouse Grille
- Warm a skillet over medium-high heat or fire up a griddle on your grill.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of toast.
- Place butter side down onto the skillet and cook until the butter is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Remove to a plate, butter sides down. Slather one bread slice’s un-buttered side with mayonnaise and the other slice’s with the BBQ sauce.
- Add ham, turkey and cheeses to skillet all in a pile.
- Heat until the cheeses start to melt.
- Remove and place on top of a bread slice.
- Top with bacon, tomato and lettuce and serve.
- Optional: Add a few thin slices of avocado!
Nutritional values are approximate.