Three of my favorite things on one plate. First, smoked 3-2-1 St. Louis-style ribs. Sauced with a BBQ sauce that combines two of my other favorites: strawberries and chipotles. That great sweet berry flavor with a hint of smoky spiciness. Strawberries are in season here, and I just love using them in everything from a strawberry poppy seed salad dressing to this BBQ sauce. The strawberry flavor isn’t strong, it’s there enough for you to notice. Same goes for the chipotle. You get the smoky, you get the kick, but it’s nice and not overwhelming.
I cannot wait to use this strawberry chipotle BBQ sauce on smoked pulled pork. Though I think the sauce would be great on anything smoked or grilled, I feel nothing can touch its greatness on pork. There’s something about strawberry and pork. Delicious!
Also try my southwestern BBQ sauce.
Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add in onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and saute for 60 seconds.
- Stir in strawberries, chipotles, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce or transfer to a blender. Puree until smooth. Return to heat and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
Nutritional values are approximate.