Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I’ve been wanting to make this old school BBQ chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy for some time now. I flashed back to the mid-1970s, to my earliest memory of a cookout, and chicken. Chicken legs, then. Grilled and sauced with off-the-shelf Kraft BBQ sauce. That’s it. Done. Well, this is my take on the classic I remember from 40 years ago. I used split chicken breasts because that’s what we prefer, but any cut of chicken would work just fine. Just chicken and BBQ sauce. Summer.
I didn’t do anything fancy to this old school BBQ chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy. A little oil, salt and pepper and that’s it. No brine, no fru-fru spices. Just simple flavors. With your Big Easy (and specially if you add a Bunk Bed basket) you can cook up a big batch of chicken ahead of time for a picnic or family get-together.
Old School BBQ Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Very lightly oil the chicken. Just a splash and rub it around the chicken.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and place in the Big Easy basket.
- Place the basket into the Big Easy and cook until done. For my split breasts cook time was about 30 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the BBQ sauce and return to the Big Easy for a few minutes to ‘set’ the sauce.
- Remove and rest for 5 minutes before devouring.
Nutritional values are approximate.