Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
I really love ‘dry’ chicken wings. By dry I mean not pre-sauced. Not ewwwy dry. Good dry. And they don’t have to be complicated either. Like these black pepper wings. Salt. Pepper. Wings. Well, ok, I did have a dipping sauce, but it’s the fantastic out-of-the-bottle Stubb’s Black Pepper Anytime sauce, which is also great as a marinade.
You don’t want to be shy with the black pepper on these wings. You want that pepper kick, and even a bit of pepper heat, to come through in every bite. Stubb’s also makes a wicked habanero sauce that is fantastic on wings.
Also try my crazy good and different chipotle pumpkin wings.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Black Pepper Wings
- Place wings in a resealable bag or container.
- Add oil and salt and pepper, seal, and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cook wings as desired. Click here for our guide on cooking wings in a grill, smoker, deep fryer, oven, or a Char-Broil Big Easy.
- When wings are done, sprinkle with a bit more pepper.
- Serve with Stubb’s Black Pepper Anytime sauce, for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.