Visit my other site, For The Wing, for all things chicken-wing!
I really love ‘dry’ chicken wings. By dry I mean not pre-sauced. Not ewwwy dry. Good dry. And they don’t have to be complicated either. Like these black pepper wings. Salt. Pepper. Wings. Well, ok, I did have a dipping sauce, but it’s the fantastic out-of-the-bottle Stubb’s Black Pepper Anytime sauce, which is also great as a marinade. The combination of generous amounts of pepper on the wings and pepper in the sauce made for a mighty fine peppery wing extravaganza!
You don’t want to be shy with the black pepper on these black pepper wings. You want that pepper kick, and even a bit of pepper heat, to come through in every bite.
Stubb’s also makes a wicked habanero sauce that is fantastic on wings.
These little sauce dipping cups are great for serving dipping sauces, if I use them. They’re easy to clean up, too. And they’re also great for dipping nuggets, tenders or even for serving salad dressing.
Also try my crazy good and different chipotle pumpkin wings.
I absolutely love chicken wings, cooked any way, with any sauce (or without). I love them so much that I created a free eCookbook that is full of my favorite wing recipes.
Black Pepper Wings
- Place wings in a resealable bag or container.
- Add oil and salt and pepper, seal, and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cook wings as desired. Click here for our guide on cooking wings in a grill, smoker, deep fryer, oven, or a Char-Broil Big Easy.
- When wings are done, sprinkle with a bit more pepper.
- Serve with Stubb’s Black Pepper Anytime sauce, for dipping.
Nutritional values are approximate.