It was a cold and crappy day. I didn’t really feel like cooking much, so I threw all of the ingredients for pot pie into the slow cooker and let it go for 6 hours. Into pie pans, topped with dough, and a few minutes later… bingo! Slow cooker pot pie! Yummy and creamy and with just a little bit of that crunchy crust that I think is pretty much required by law.
There’s nothing fancy about this dish. It takes minimal time to throw together, and it makes a nice big batch. Great on a cold day. Perfectly good on a warm day.
Also try my slow cooker beef stroganoff.
Slow Cooker Pot Pie
It was a cold and crappy day. I didn’t really feel like cooking much, so I threw all of the ingredients for pot pie into the slow cooker and let it go for 6 hours. Into pie pans, topped with dough, and a few minutes later… bingo!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 23 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 medium potatoes peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 10 ounce frozen peas and carrots
- 2 7 ounce crescent dinner roll dough
- Place the chicken, soup, milk, potatoes, onion and the seasonings into your slow cooker.
- Stir to combine, cover and cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (or per the crescent dough package instructions).
- Add the peas and carrots. Stir and cook another 10 minutes.
- Divide chicken mixture between two pie plates.
- Open the dough packages and pinch the seams to form two large rectangular pieces of dough.
- Place dough on top of pie plates. Trim edges.
- Bake per package instructions until golden brown and crispy.
Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 509mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional values are approximate.