Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I used to grill (or bake) my frozen hash brown patties. But now I make hash brown patties on the Char-Broil Big Easy, I can make them even easier than before. Just toss a few little cakes-of-potato-goodness into the cooker and in no time you have crispy golden brown hash browns. Anita likes hers plain so she can top them with ketchup. Me, I like a little cheddar and chopped chives.
Bacon. Sour cream. Butter. Green onions. BBQ sauce. Roasted red bell peppers. You name it, anything goes great on hash brown patties cooked hot and quick on the Char-Broil Big Easy.
To make these hash browns on the Char-Broil Big Easy I used a bunk bed basket. It lets me double or even triple the amount of cooking space I have.
Hash Brown Patties on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 hash brown patties frozen
- Your favorite toppings ketchup, shredded cheddar, chopped chives, chopped cooked bacon, etc
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Place the frozen hash brown patties into the Big Easy basket. Use a bunk bed basket to cook even more patties on the Big Easy at once.
- Lower the basket into the Big Easy and cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy. Note that some patties may get done sooner than others, so start checking them after 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional values are approximate.