This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
This is the potato salad I’ve been dreaming about. The one I was hoping I would find. THE ONE. Pimento cheese? A house favorite. Jalapenos? Bacon? In darned near everything I make. Add the three together to make jalapeno pimento cheese potato salad and you’ve got the perfect storm of flavor goodness.
I could sit down with the entire bowl of this salad and just go to town on it in one sitting. Gone. All done.
I highly recommend that you shred or grate your own cheese at home. Don’t buy the pre-shredded or pre-grated stuff. It has stuff added to it to keep it from sticking together. That ‘stuff’ affects how the cheese melts. Shred it yourself and use the good stuff.
There’s no way I can think of to improve on this jalapeno pimento cheese potato salad. You could add some more jalapeno but it really doesn’t need it since there’s just the right amount of kick. You could add some more pimentos. But, nope, it doesn’t need that either. Just make it as is and enjoy it. This salad is a thingy of beauty and flavor. If you prefer your potato salad with a little less kick just fold my easy pimento cheese in with the potatoes.
Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Potato Salad
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes peeled, diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 jalapenos seeded, minced
- 1 4 ounce pimentos drained, chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 8 slices bacon cooked, crumbled
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and boil until just tender. Drain and let cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Carefully fold in the potatoes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.