These quick fix spicy pickles absolutely hit the spot. I love dill pickles, and I love a little spiciness so it was easy to love these pickles. They aren’t overly sweet and they aren’t overly spicy, though you can certainly make them spicier (or less) if you want. I found them to be just right, and perfect for sharing with the neighbors without having worry that they’d be too hot for them.
Whatever you do, do not discard the brine from the jarred pickles when you make a batch of quick fix spicy pickles. Save it for making Nashville hot chicken or for use as a brine for chicken wings. I always save my pickle juice. I also cut off the ends of the pickles. Since that left me with a bowl of pickle pieces, I decided to make a quick and easy pickle relish.
Quick Fix Spicy Pickles
- Drain the juice from the pickles, reserving it for other uses (as a brine for Nashville hot chicken or wings!).
- Slice the pickles into 3/8″ pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Let the pickles set on the counter top for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Store pickles along with the accumulated sauce in jars for 3 days before consuming.
Nutritional values are approximate.