Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Weber has a line of marinade mixes that you add juice to that are really, really good. They’re perfect for flavoring chicken, like this citrus herb marinaded chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy. I picked up a package of each and used them to marinate my favorite, split chicken breasts. The Citrus Herb marinade is mixed with orange juice to produce wonderfully seasoned chicken. A hint of garlic and herbs and a hint of sweetness, it’s a nice, light refreshing marinade.
Since it cooks at a high temperature you do have to watch that your citrus herb marinaded chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy doesn’t char. One way to help prevent that is to not use marinades containing substances that might burn, like sugar or honey.
The other option is to rinse the chicken before cooking. Now, you’re going to lose a bit of flavor doing that, but if like me you’re going to remove the skin before eating, it really doesn’t make that big of a difference.
The bunk bed basket lets you double the amount of cooking space you have on your Big Easy. And it’s easy to take in and out of the cooker too!
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Weber makes all sorts of great flavored Just Add Juice marinades. Check out chicken marinaded in their garlic and herb marinade!
Citrus Herb Marinaded Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 2 chicken breasts bone-in split, or whichever cuts you prefer, about 2 pounds
- Weber Just Add Juice marinade
- ½ cup orange juice
- Place the chicken into a resealable bag or container.
- Add marinade to taste. Toss to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches 165 F as checked in several places.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.