Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
Garlic Old Bay corn is something I have to make for myself. Anita isn’t a fan of Old Bay seasoning, while I am convinced that it is the best thing ever. So while I make her some honey butter corn-on-the-cob on the Char-Broil Big Easy, I load up on this corn heavily flavored (or lightly flavored… it’s up to you) with garlic and of course Old Bay. It’s reminiscent of a crab or shrimp boil but well, with just corn!
You can get quite a bit of corn on the Big Easy at once, specially if you use a Bunk Bed basket or two. Keep in mind that the corn towards the bottom of the cooker might be done before those at the top.
Also try my Big Easy lemon pepper corn-on-the-cob.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Garlic Old Bay Corn on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 ears corn husks and silks removed, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or more, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning I definitely used more since I LOVE Old Bay!
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Place the 8 pieces of corn onto pieces of foil.
- Place the butter, garlic powder and Old Bay in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until the butter is melted and the seasonings are dissolved. Brush over the tops of the corn. Rotate and brush the other side of the corn.
- Seal tightly in the foil and place into the Big Easy basket.
- Cook in the Big Easy for 20-25 minutes or until the corn is tender.
Nutritional values are approximate.