Avocados going on sale is always a happy time for me. I cannot get enough of them. I like them on greens, on burgers, in dressings, and of course, in avocado egg salad. This salad has the perfect creaminess but still a bit of texture from the eggs. It also has a nice refreshing bite from the chives. Not a lot, but just a pleasant taste that rounds out the perfect sandwich filling.
I thought that croissants would be the perfect bread for serving avocado egg salad. The tender, sweet bread goes so well with it. The only problem was that I couldn’t get enough! I had never wished that croissants were larger more than I did after that first bite! Why? Why! Why are they soooo small?!
Also try my (no avocado) delicious egg salad.
Avocado Egg Salad
- 3 large eggs boiled, shelled, chopped
- 1 large avocado seed removed, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chives can substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large croissants
- Place eggs and avocado into a medium bowl and mash lightly with a fork or potato masher.
- Add all but the croissants and mix.
- Cut croissants in half lengthwise. Divide egg mixture between bread and serve.
Nutritional values are approximate.