Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I’ll make the bold prediction right now: some day there’ll be a section in the Louvre just for pictures of poultry cooked on the Big Easy. Ok, so that’s not going to happen but it should because each and every time, turkey or chicken on the Big Easy comes out perfect. This Cajun Creole chicken is a great example of just how easy it is too.
How good is it?
Crunchy skin, moist tender skin. Every bite chock full of flavor with just a slight spiciness. This is great chicken right here.
The Better Basket
I used the new Better Basket by Char-Broil. You can see my write-up on it by clicking here. The basket folds down upon itself, making getting whole birds in and out super easy. You can also fit larger poultry in the cooker using the basket. And it stores easier since it collapses down to almost nothing.
Since the basket doesn’t have rigid sides you have to get whatever you are cooking centered in the middle of the basket so that it doesn’t lean to one side. A little leaning is ok. A lot of leaning might not end well. I added my chicken then lifted the basket just a little to see if it was centered. I adjusted the chicken a bit and then I was ready to lift the basket completely and place it into the Big Easy. It may sound complicated but it’s not.Serve your Creole Cajun chicken with some Cajun corn-on-the-cob, also made on the Big Easy.
Also try my easy Creole chicken.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Cajun Creole Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 1 chicken rinsed and patted dry
- Vegetable oil
- Cajun Life Chicken Rub Seasoning to taste, or your favorite Cajun seasoning
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Lightly brush or rub the chicken with the oil. Don’t miss any spots.
- Liberally dust the chicken with the rub. Don’t be shy. Get it inside and out.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket and lower into the cooker.
- Cook for 20 minutes per pound then check for doneness (165 F) in several places.
- Remove and let rest at least 15 minutes before carving.
Nutritional values are approximate.