Note: This recipe was developed using the Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Fryer. If you are cooking using the Char-Broil Smoker-Roaster Grill you should cook with the lid open and the temperature set to High. You might also need to adjust the cooking time.
I make it a point to peruse the marinade section of my local grocery store on a regular basis. One of my favorite things to make is marinated roasted chicken breasts. Sliced and served on a bed of greens, I get a healthy dinner salad that is packed with flavor. This easy Creole chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy has a light spicy flavor that didn’t overwhelm my salad.
And as always, cooking chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy is of course, easy. I used Tony Chachere’s chicken marinade, which is a combination of Italian dressing and Cajun seasonings. The chicken came out tender and moist, just like I wanted. Perfect.
When using any kind of marinade you need to make sure it doesn’t have a high sugar content. The Big Easy cooks at a pretty high temperature and sugary marinades may burn long before whatever you are cooking gets done so steer clear of them.
Also try my Cajun Creole chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy.
Love your Big Easy as much I love mine? Check out my Big Easy Add-Ons page and my free Big Easy eCookbook!
Easy Creole Chicken on the Char-Broil Big Easy
- 4 chicken breasts bone-in split, or whatever cuts you prefer
- Tony Chachere’s Chicken Marinade
- Place the chicken into a resealable bag or container.
- Add marinade to taste. Toss to coat.
- Seal and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Fire up your Big Easy.
- Transfer the chicken to the Big Easy basket.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches 165 F as checked in several places.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.