I’m a big fan of making snack mixes for Anita to take to work and share with her co-workers. They’re usually easy to make but crazy good. Everyone enjoys them and that’s what cooking is all about! Take this cheesy Ranch Chex mix. Just a few ingredients and just a little time are all that’s needed to make a big ole bowl of treats, great to share at work or serve at a party or take to that next big family get-together. I doubled the recipe because I knew it would disappear quickly. And it did. Plus the more I make, the more I get to ‘sample’ at home.
I like to use a little bit of each kind of the traditional flavors of Chex cereal in my Cheesy Ranch Chex Mix. You know, mix it up a bit so to speak so each bite is a little different. So, rice, wheat and corn it was! If you’re in love with a particular variety, just use that one! You can also add roasted peanuts or pecans, but don’t add too much. You might want to cut back on the pretzels if you do go the nut route.
Also try my Southwestern Snack Mix.
Cheesy Ranch Dressing Mix
- 8 cups Chex cereal rice, wheat, or corn or a combination
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups Cheez-It crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 250F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine cereal, pretzels, and crackers in a very large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle butter over the cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. Sprinkle with the dressing mix and cheese and stir gently.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Nutritional values are approximate.