I like my burgers griddled. But sometimes, that just isn’t an option. Time for Plan B, and this time Plan B was to make a copycat of the famous sliders from White Castle. Copycat White Castle burgers are rather addicting. Even though you know you should stop eating them at some point, you just can’t. They’re about as easy to make as you can possibly get, and just as easy to devour.
It’s possible that I often double the cheese on my copycat White Castle burgers. It’s also possible that I sometimes add a bit of BBQ sauce. Beyond that, White Castle sliders should not be messed with.
Serve your burgers with some copycat Five Guys Fries!
Copycat White Castle Burgers
I like my burgers griddled. But sometimes, that just isn’t an option. Time for Plan B, and this time Plan B was to make a copycat of the famous sliders from White Castle.
Servings 24 sliders
- 2 pounds ground beef I recommend 80/20 beef
- 1 tablespoon beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried minced onions
- 24 dinner rolls
- 24 slices dill pickle
- 6 slices American cheese cut into fourths
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a large bowl combine the beef, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Spread minced onions out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Add the beef mixture and spread out evenly to the edges of the tray.
- Cut into 24 square equally-sized pieces.
- Puncture tops of patties with a straw in a few places.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the meat is done.
- Drain beef.
- Cut rolls in half. Add the pickles, cheese and mustard. Add the beef patty and top bun and serve.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 1912mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 336IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutritional values are approximate.