We both found this marinated vegetable salad to be absolutely incredible. We could not stop eating it. The dressing has the right balance of sweet and tart. The veggies have the right balance of crunch and tenderness. The seasoning is perfect.
This recipe make a pretty big batch of salad so you’ll have a lot to feed a crowd. It’s the perfect dish for a family get-together or picnic. It’s super easy to make and travels well.
You don’t have to be real picky as to which vegetables you add to this marinated vegetable salad. It’s very flexible. You can pretty much walk down the produce aisle in your grocery store and grab whatever’s in season and you’ll be soon enjoying a fantastic dish.
If fresh produce is out-of-season, try my marinated vegetable salad recipe that uses frozen veggies instead.
Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry peppers bottled, halved
- 3 medium zucchini cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, sugar, and pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, cherry pepper halves, zucchini, carrots, and onion.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-24 hours. Stir every hour.
Nutritional values are approximate.