I’m a big fan of vinegar-based vegetable salads. They’re easy to make and great tasting. I like mine to have a little crunch in them. Of course, fresh produce is a bit pricey in the off-season and I try to avoid buying much of it. That’s why I like this version of marinated vegetable salad which uses a few frozen vegetables.
You can leave out the red bell pepper, or substitute jarred roasted red bell pepper. And frozen (but then thawed) pearl onions could be substituted for the sweet onion. Pretty much anything can be added to this marinated vegetable salad.
Marinated Vegetable Salad
- Add the vinegar to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk in the sugar until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the oil and salt. Let cool completely.
- Place beans, peas, celery, pimentos, onions, and bell pepper to a large bowl.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over top of the vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve cold.
Nutritional values are approximate.