This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
If you’re into pickles like I am, you will agree that this is the best pasta salad ever. It’s packed with dill pickle flavor. Not just in the dressing. And not just from the pickle slices. Even the pasta tastes dill-y. Sorry, but yeah, it’s dill-icious. I had to say it. Because I absolutely love this dill pickle pasta salad.
What would I change about this dill pickle pasta salad? Well, I’d not make such a small batch next time, that’s for sure. I’d double it at the very least.
I recently discovered Blue Plate mayonnaise, which I think is the best around. If you can’t find it locally you can pick it up online for a fair price.
This recipe is also another lesson in why you never, ever toss the juice left in your pickle jars once the pickles are gone. Save it. Always. I even ask my neighbors to save theirs for me. If I’m in a bind or just need more, I just order a big ole of jug of it online!
Also try my Tuscan pasta salad.
Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
For the salad
For the dressing
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
For the salad
- Cook the pasta to al dente per the package instructions. Rinse and drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the pickle juice to the pasta and toss gently to coat. Let sit for 5 minutes then drain (but do not rinse!).
- Add in the dressing and stir gently to coat.
- Place in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. I prefer to let the salad come to near room temperature before serving so that the dressing is not quite as thick.
Nutritional values are approximate.