When I am making baby or fingerling potatoes, I almost always keep them whole. I know, cutting them in half gives you more surface area for seasonings, but I really, really love the ‘pop’ of biting into a baby potato. It’s probably just me but that’s why I kept these Parmesan garlic potatoes whole. Hey, they’re not that big and boy do they cook up creamy good. Smothered in tons of garlic and cheese, I absolutely loved them.
I mentioned fingerling potatoes. This dish would also be great using fingerling potatoes. Ditto with baby yellow potatoes.
Since I’m somewhat of a butter-aholic I added a few pats of butter before serving up these Parmesan garlic potatoes.
Parmesan Garlic Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby potatoes rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated, plus more for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- parsley chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F or fire up a grill for indirect cooking.
- Combine all ingredients except for the water in a baking dish (oven) or disposable aluminum pan (grill). Toss to coat. Pour in the water.
- Cover with foil and bake or grill 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve garnish with chopped parsley and more freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional values are approximate.