Happiness is making a sauce for dipping chicken nuggets or fingers that can also be used in many, many other ways. This copycat Popeye’s Delta dipping sauce is exactly that. It’s very similar to some of the comeback sauces I’ve made or had. This sauce steps up your dipping game. It also is great on po boy sandwiches. Or any sandwiches. And even hot dogs.
I really think that a good, strong Creole mustard really makes this copycat Popeye’s Delta dipping sauce something amazing. You can use any mustard you want, you don’t have to stick to the original idea at all. The extra kick of the Creole mustard really made for a fantastic spread on a fried shrimp po boy sandwich. Which reminds me. This sauce is also great for dipping fried shrimp or oysters!
Copycat Popeye’s Delta Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard I used a Creole mustard for extra kick
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce to taste, a couple good dashed worth
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Stir before using.
Nutritional values are approximate.