This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see the disclosure for more information.
Oh how I do love roasted potatoes. I love the creamy insides. I love the crispy, golden skin. Baby potatoes are my favorites, but I’ll take a good roasted fingerling any day of the week, too! My ‘weapon of choice’ this time for making roasted potatoes was my gas grill rotisserie. It’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a while. Sure, I can roast potatoes directly on the grill or in a grill basket, but without paying attention to them, I can end up with an un-even roasting. Not with the rotisserie. Perfect potatoes, all around!
I think one of the reasons my rotisserie roasted potatoes are so fantastic is the type of basket that I use. I could’ve used one of my bigger baskets, the one I use for peanuts, but I didn’t want my potatoes bouncing around like a bunch of bingo balls. So instead I used my only Fire flat rotisserie basket. This lovely toy locks the potatoes in (you want to use ones that are all about the same size) and keeps them from banging into each other. You don’t want scarred, bashed in potatoes. And you want as much of the oil and seasoning to stay on as possible. This basket performs perfectly.
Also try my rotisserie French fries.
Rotisserie Roasted Potatoes
- Fill a pot fitted with a steamer rack with 1"-2" of water and bring to a boil.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and add to the basket. Cover and let steam for 10 minutes or until just tender when poked with a toothpick. Transfer the potatoes to a colander to drain.
- Fire up your grill for high heat cooking. You want direct heat below (and around) where your rotisserie basket will be.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and toss with a few splashes of oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the potatoes to the rotisserie, close and place on the grill. Turn on the rotisserie, close the grill and let the potatoes roast for 10 minutes. Check for color. If the skin has a bit of a char to it remove and serve, otherwise keep grilling, checking every 5 minutes for doneness.
Nutritional values are approximate.